• tmod
  • tmods Avatar Autor
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
Mehr
03 Mär 2017 20:51 #26294 von tmod
More discussions in English? wurde erstellt von tmod
Hi, everyone!
I'm from Norway, and mostly play Freebooter's Fate with my wife. We both love it, and between us we've got most models for Cult, Pirates and Goblins. We do play a lot of other games as well, but Freebooter's Fate is one of our absolute favourites. What we've been a little frustrated about is the lack of stuff in English. My wife knows a little German, but not enough to follow forum threads, and I know basically nothing.

Official content tend to be easily accessible in English, so no complaints there. However, online communities are really important for other miniature games, and we've not found any active communities in English. So my questions are thus twofold: are there any active forums in English (or mostly in English) we've missed? Would this great game be more accessible to more people of more of the discussions on the official forum were in English?

Tn

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
04 Mär 2017 05:33 #26295 von Matelot
Matelot antwortete auf More discussions in English?
First of all: I am glad to hear you like Freebooters Fate, which is in my opinion the best TT game.
Sometimes people write their comments in german and english, so people, who don't understand german can read it, too.
Recently, people wrote just in german, because it is a lot of writing, when you do both and there were just germans in this forum. But I will make an effort, to write more in english, cause I get your point and think it is better, to be more accessible for non-german speakers.
So, welcome to FF and this forum! :cheer: :cheer:

• Möchtegern-Pirat
  • Möchtegern-Pirats Avatar
  • Erster Maat / First Mate
Mehr
04 Mär 2017 10:26 #26297 von Möchtegern-Pirat
Möchtegern-Pirat antwortete auf More discussions in English?
Ahoy Tmod.

Just my two cent to this thread:

Approximately 4 years ago in the old forum (just a different software for the forum, I think) there were much more discussions in english or german/english.
But as the english speaking members just got more and mor silent (they were not shouted down by the german speakers. ;-) the english content faded out.

As Matelot correctly stated why should some do more than twice the work by writing in english, translating it an rewrite it in english when there is no positive reaction?

Surely many germanspeakers understand english and will answer questions in english if you (or someone else) posts them.

If I know it helps I would write texts bilingual if time allows it.

Hth

Möchtegern-Pirat aka Want2be-Pirate
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SicRat

• Eldryr
  • Eldryrs Avatar
  • Matrose / Seaman
  • Matrose / Seaman
  • Assassine aus Leidenschaft
Mehr
06 Mär 2017 23:06 #26316 von Eldryr
Eldryr antwortete auf More discussions in English?
Hi tmod, in my opinion it might be a good start to write again in the English part of the forums. Something have to start. I'm pretty sure there are some English speaking people around and an international community is always a lot of fun. So let's start a good discussion :)

"Quant’è bella giovinezza, che si fugge tuttavia! Chi vuol esser lieto, sia: di doman non c’è certezza."
"Wie schön ist die Jugend, die jedoch so schnell vergeht! Wer frohgemut sein will, sei es: was morgen sein wird wissen wir nicht."
~Unbekannter Bruderschafts-Assassine~

• Thargor
  • Thargors Avatar
  • Deckschrubber / Deckhand
  • Deckschrubber / Deckhand
  • To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate.
Mehr
11 Mär 2017 22:17 #26391 von Thargor
Thargor antwortete auf More discussions in English?
Hi tmod,

I tend to use Google Translate (many other translation softwares are available) if the post is in German. It doesn't always translate properly, but I get the idea. When I reply to posts, I tend to add a translation in German. I have been told though that the translations are usually more confusing that just typing in English :-D

I have been quite quiet on the forum recently as I've been really busy both in and out of work, but I'll try to make more of an effort to post. I've got loads of painted minis that I haven't put up on here yet and my scenery collection is also expanding (although at the moment I've been building and painting a lot of scenery for Frostgrave, just without the snow).

• Elysium
  • Elysiums Avatar
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
Mehr
28 Apr 2018 17:02 - 28 Apr 2018 17:06 #30668 von Elysium
Elysium antwortete auf More discussions in English?
I used to do the same, I believe it gave some funny translations a few times. I gradually slipped away from here, other things to take care of but partly everyone speaking a different language. I should have educated myself more in my youth! I do feel that the games followers will mainly be very European due to it.

Hah, I've just seen the year of the prior post, eeeep! Proves my point LOL!
Letzte Änderung: 28 Apr 2018 17:06 von Elysium. Begründung: Stepping back in time!

Mehr
03 Mai 2018 13:55 #30686 von Matelot
Matelot antwortete auf More discussions in English?
Are there still english speakers around here in the forum?
If yes, please be more active and write and share. I think everyone here understands english.
I guess most german people tend to just write in german, as it is their native tongue. So if you like to see more english content, just write and people will reply in english. :)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Möchtegern-Pirat

• Möchtegern-Pirat
  • Möchtegern-Pirats Avatar
Mehr
06 Mai 2018 22:09 #30696 von Möchtegern-Pirat
Möchtegern-Pirat antwortete auf More discussions in English?

Matelot schrieb: Are there still .... just write and people will reply in english. :)

That is just the way I see it.

Möchtegern-Pirat Wanna-be-pirat

Moderatoren: RüdiBratspies
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.102 Sekunden

Foren Suche

Stichwort

Letzte Beiträge

Warenkorb

Gesamtsumme:   0.00 EUR
Zum Warenkorb
Zum Seitenanfang
Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste/Website erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden