Topic-icon English version

• s Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
07 Nov 2010 16:48 #1527 von
English version wurde erstellt von
So I read the English version of the rulebook today and found some errors (either in the rules or in my head ;) ). Maybe most or some of them will allready be known about.

- p15 (piture of the back of a card): it says "the crew the character is fighting for". Shouldn't it be "special rules and equipment" or something like that?

- p19 (top page): "... on page 000". Should be p44 of course. ;)

- p19 (right colomn): it says exactly the same as the lower part of the left colomn, mistake with copy-paste?

- p24 (climb): "A character can easily climb over an obstacle which is no higher than twice the character's current MOV in cm." Is this true? A climb move costs 2 MOV points for every 1cm, so how can I climb an obstacle that would be twice as high as the character's current MOV? Shouldn't it be "half as high" or if you use 2 advance actions "as high"? I'm confused here. :p

- p26 (swimming): "... toughness of more than 4 has to test for sinking." On the same page "sinking" says "toughness of 4 or more". Swimming part is wrong and sinking part is right?

- p100 (bottom page): "The makers for all characters ..." Should be "The maRkers for all characters ...".

Question: Why is the elevated position rule (p30) needed in a game with true line of sight?

Cheers :beer:
Jotie

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• s Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
07 Nov 2010 18:02 #3702 von
antwortete auf English version
Sorry for the spelling errors in my previous post (can't edit it). ;)

I forgot one:

- p30 (below picture): "beispiele" should be "example".

Mehr
07 Nov 2010 22:35 #3709 von morkin
morkin antwortete auf English version
Wow, thanks for going to the effort of writing them all down. Really appreciate that. I really have to finish my errata file one of these days.

p15 - that's an unlucky layout change in the English version. In the German original, the arrow points at a gap in the text where the crew insignia from the back of the card are visible. With the English card, there is no such gap in the text at that position, so it looks like the arrow is pointing at the text itself.

p19 (top) - Yes, that should be page 44

p19 (right column) - Well. The text at the top of the right-hand column should not be in the frame. A layout error, probably caused by the fact that the English text tends to be shorter than the German one.

p24 (climb) - No wonder you're confused, that bit is wrong. It should read "which is no higher than the character's current MOV in cm." which is borne out by the following paragraph.

p26 (swimming) - should be 4 or more, as evidenced by the list of fate card symbols which cause the character to sink.

p100 - Correct, there should be an "r" in there

Elevated position: very good question. It's like this: cover is not the same as LOS. Two characters can be equally visible, one right behind a piece of terrain, the other a few centimeters away from it. The important thing to remember is that a character only receives cover from pieces of terrain etc. with which it is in base-to-base contact. This represents the character actively using the terrain, such as hugging the wall, carefully peering over the top of it etc., stuff it can only do when it is actually next to the terrain and things that cannot be represented on the tabletop with static miniatures. So only the first character receives a cover bonus, even though both are equally visible to the observer. We therefore needed a rule that went beyond the physical tabletop conditions and into the abstract in order to cancel out the abstract cover bonus.

• s Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
07 Nov 2010 23:41 #3713 von
Thanks for the reply.

I also have a few errors in the crew part and one on page 30 (all stupid mistakes though ;) ):

- p30 (below picture): “beispiele” should be “example”.

- p53 (card): "double-handeNd" should be "double-handed"

- p64 (card): "half-and-a-half" should be "hand-and-a-half"

- p65 (card): "the maid ..." should be "the fool ..."

• frogstar
  • frogstars Avatar
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
Mehr
07 Nov 2010 23:46 #3714 von frogstar
frogstar antwortete auf English version

Jotie schrieb: Sorry for the spelling errors in my previous post (can't edit it). ;)

_When I remember right, the 'button' to edit a starting post of a thread is on the left side on the top of the first post. I had made the same mistake and made an extra topic because of edit buttons, where Christian told me about it._ :bigsmile:

_If there are so much mistakes in the english rule book, I will wait for buing one. So you have to stand for my personal translation of some special keywords like the destiny cards (I do not know the until now, if this is the correct translation ;) )!_ :p

• s Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
07 Nov 2010 23:55 #3720 von
You're correct on the spot of the edit button. :8)

Oh and Destiny cards are probably what the rulebook calls 'Fate cards'.

Btw, though there are some mistakes (as you can see above) they are almost all spelling mistakes, or other stupid mistakes that don't really make a difference to the rules. I just thought to point them out for when the reprint hits press.

Cheers
Jotie

• frogstar
  • frogstars Avatar
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
Mehr
08 Nov 2010 00:05 #3722 von frogstar
frogstar antwortete auf English version
_Thank you for the fate card translation._
_Sometimes I translate some stuff for the ones without german skills, because babelfish is not an acceptable solution (an I think, that my translation is much better 8) ). So I thought about buing an english version of the rulebook. When I had translated some ideas for campaign rules, I had noticed that it would be useful to take the same translation as in the official rule book._

_Most of us do not want two boards (one in german and the other in english), so we decided to use both languages, if possible. So I try to help morkin with some intresting translation, if I have time._

Moderatoren: RüdiBratspies
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.080 Sekunden

Foren Suche

Stichwort

Letzte Beiträge

Warenkorb

Gesamtsumme:   0.00 EUR
Zum Warenkorb
Zum Seitenanfang
Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste/Website erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden