Topic-icon Compass for Freebooters Fate

• s Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
28 Jun 2011 19:56 #1294 von
Compass for Freebooters Fate wurde erstellt von
In the little campaign of the amazones there is a paper template to determine the wind direction, so I decided to create a 3D compass. The model can be seen here www.shapeways.com/model/280903/compass.html?gid=ug and the arrow is here www.shapeways.com/model/284689/compass_part_2.html?gid=ug

On the link, you can let it print if you like ( it will be a 3D print), I will order my copy this week and post a picture when I get it.

I will also use it to determine the wind direction for sailing.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Jun 2011 20:13 #6187 von morkin
morkin antwortete auf Compass for Freebooters Fate
Cracking compass. What did you design it with?

• s Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
28 Jun 2011 20:45 #6188 von
Thanx Morkin,

I used Inventor 2010 for the model, as I design machine parts for a living I found it hard to make something "not machined" and without measurements. I have some more ideas for making 3D pieces for my wargames but want to wait for this one to arrive so I know how it will look in real life.

Mehr
28 Jun 2011 21:38 #6189 von Thor
Thor antwortete auf Compass for Freebooters Fate
Nice Work.

Do you have already experience with this shop?
I would be very interessted in this, because i've worked a lot with SolidWorks in my study (and yes i can imagine your problems very well to create a model without measures :bigsmile: )

If you want to do something without measures, try Blender. It's a free 3D-Modeling and animating program (no CAD!)
But be warned. I've tried it on my own and it was a mess. Your Way of working is completely different. You must work intuitive, not with a concrete idea. Very difficult in my opinion if you are used to work with technical drawings or something like that.

• Thargor
  • Thargors Avatar
  • Deckschrubber / Deckhand
  • Deckschrubber / Deckhand
  • To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate.
Mehr
29 Jun 2011 15:34 #6202 von Thargor
Thargor antwortete auf Compass for Freebooters Fate
That's very nice. Any idea what shipping costs are like to the UK?

• s Avatar Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
30 Jun 2011 23:42 #6208 von
Thanx for the tip Thor, I installed Blender and watched the first tutorial on their website, it looks like this programm can do almost anything but as with all new programms this complex it will take a lot of practice to master.

Moderatoren: RüdiBratspies
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.089 Sekunden

Foren Suche

Stichwort

Letzte Beiträge

Warenkorb

Gesamtsumme:   0.00 EUR
Zum Warenkorb
Zum Seitenanfang
Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste/Website erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden