Topic-icon New Book

• con-fusion
  • con-fusions Avatar Autor
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
Mehr
02 Mai 2011 19:22 #1377 von con-fusion
New Book wurde erstellt von con-fusion
I am cursed. It is a foregone conclusion that my purchase of a game signals the production of a new edition. I can go back nearly thirty years, and track scores of game books that have been made obsolete almost as soon as I've bought them. And, now Freebooter's Fate has joined the list. Purchase date of book: 29 April 2011. Announcement date of new edition: 30 April 2011.

:( |( :Sp :tired: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Much better.

With all of that said, I have some questions that I hope you can answer:

1) Will the information in the new book be available by pdf, so I can just print it and stuff it in my soon to arrive old book? Or is this new book going to be a true 2nd edition?

2) Will my soon to arrive Freebooter's Fate Game Cards still be current, or are these next in line for an update?

3) I had planned to order a bunch of character cards for the Freebooter minis that I purchased before Freebooter's Fate came out (e.g., Bonaccia, Trucco, etc.). Is it safe to do so, or are all the character cards about to be changed to conform with the new book?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
02 Mai 2011 21:18 #5184 von Wu
Wu antwortete auf New Book
Cheer up, there is no new edition coming soon. The new book will be an expansion and I dare to say that it makes nothing written in the Rulebook obsolete.

Mehr
02 Mai 2011 22:41 #5189 von morkin
morkin antwortete auf New Book
Wu is right. There will be new characters, indeed a whole new crew, and some other groovy stuff, but it is not going to make anything in the old rulebook obsolete. So, no worries, you're fine, purchase away. :)

• frogstar
  • frogstars Avatar
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
Mehr
03 Mai 2011 10:06 #5201 von frogstar
frogstar antwortete auf New Book

morkin schrieb: [...] but it is not going to make anything in the old rulebook obsolete [...]

<br>
_No correction of mistakes?_ ;) :bigsmile:
<br><br><br>
_@con-fusion_
_Yeah, you will able to play with the "old" stuff as well. And as I know the the Freebooter Miniatures Crew, I think they would had suggested you if there would be a completely new edition of the rulebook. Maybe they would send the new book in this case, because they are really kind._ :)

Mehr
03 Mai 2011 10:32 #5204 von morkin
morkin antwortete auf New Book

frogstar schrieb: _No correction of mistakes?_ ;) :bigsmile:

Mistakes? What mistakes? We make no mistakes! ;) Okay, maybe some errata and clarifications.

• con-fusion
  • con-fusions Avatar Autor
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
Mehr
03 Mai 2011 15:04 #5213 von con-fusion
con-fusion antwortete auf New Book
Other than my questions and my strange history of game buying, I'm kidding around. Heck, I'm probably even kidding around about my questions. Freebooter's Fate is exactly the type of game I'm looking for: small number of minis, fantastic sculpts, play time is an hour or less, and the tone is plesently toungue-in-cheek. Add all that to the fact that I have many of the older Freebooter minis for the game and my two year old daughter likes Qualani (when she saw the picture she said, "Wow Dada! Mama Thug"), and you have a game that I'm willing to buy twice.

• Doctor Warlock
  • Doctor Warlocks Avatar
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
  • Bilgeratte / Bilge rat
Mehr
27 Jul 2011 18:09 #6356 von Doctor Warlock
Doctor Warlock antwortete auf New Book

morkin schrieb: Wu is right. There will be new characters, indeed a whole new crew, and some other groovy stuff, but it is not going to make anything in the old rulebook obsolete. So, no worries, you're fine, purchase away. :)

Great, Can't wait!

Mehr
07 Sep 2011 15:03 #6895 von Niv
Niv antwortete auf New Book
The freebooters crew are a great bunch of scally wags ;)

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.089 Sekunden

Foren Suche

Stichwort

Letzte Beiträge

Warenkorb

Gesamtsumme:   0.00 EUR
Zum Warenkorb
Zum Seitenanfang
Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste/Website erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies verwenden